Friday, September 14, 2012

Dublin, Ireland: The Old Jameson & Son Whiskey Distillery

Today I learned a bit about whiskey.  There was a small crew of us that headed to the Old Jameson Distillery here in Dublin for a lesson in spirit making.  The tour started with an informative film clip explaining the history of the company followed by a guided tour explaining the step-by-step process of whiskey making--malting, gristing, distilling and fermenting.  There were also tastings and of course, a bar and gift shop to purchase and taste mixed drinks.  It was exciting and informative.  I broadened my knowledge and learned the differences between whiskey, scotch and bourbon.  At the end of it all, we were rewarded with a "smile", aka cocktail, made some overpriced purchases from the gift shop and walked away happy.  I should note that it didn't go without mention that the Guinness Brewery was across the street.  Already been there and done that.....




Not much further to go....



A tasting....
Vintage J. Jameson & Son Whisky.
The Jameson bar.



Whisky processing.....


The tasting room.....





A tasting of Irish Jameson whisky, Scotch and Jack Daniels.  Who do you think was picked?  In my opinion, the Jameson was by far the cleanest and most smooth.  The Jack had much more bite to it and the Scotch was far too smokey in taste for my liking.  I'm sold,.....Jameson it is.  



The Jameson Distillery gift shop and entrance.  Tshirts anyone???

Raspberry Liqueur, cranberry and lime
juice and Jameson whisky.

Before......


After.....


After the Jameson tour we went to Leo Burdock's, the famous Fish n' Chips diner.  It's my understanding that when in Dublin one must taste Burdock's.  There are multiple locations around town but we ended up at the one near the Temple Bar.  All I know is that I finally got my fish n' chips fix, Yay!  The cod was crispy and the chips crunchy,....I added the garlic dipping sauce and voila!

Leo Burdock's Fish ' Chips.

My fish n' chips.




The End




No comments:

Post a Comment